The Catholic Defender: Eucharistic Miracle of Silla Spain 1907
During Holy Mass on March 25, 1907, the Feast of the Annunciation, Father Fernando Gómez, pastor of the Church of Our Lady of the Angels in Silla, was going up to the tabernacle to take out the Hosts in order to distribute Holy Communion to the faithful.
To his great dismay, he found the door of the tabernacle already opened and saw that the precious silver ciborium containing the Sacred Hosts was missing.
The Sacred Hosts were recovered two days later in a small garden outside the city, concealed under a rock.
The pastor therefore brought them back to the church in a solemn procession.
In 1934, having established that the Hosts remained “in the same state in which they were recovered under the rock and maintained their original condition unaltered,” the Archbishop of Valencia initiated the process to declare their preservation miraculous and sealed the reliquary containing them with wax, while drawing up a detailed account of the Miracle.
Unfortunately, two years later, the Archbishop’s palace was burned down by communist anarchists, and the precious document was lost.
Finally, in 1982, the Archbishop of Valencia in office that year, Monsignor Miguel Roca, initiated a new canonical process, resulting in the official authorization of the devotion surrounding the Sacred Hosts.