The Catholic Defender THE HISTORY OF THE FIRST FIVE SATURDAYS OF THE MONTH
As seen on Facebook friend Ryan Scott page
May 13, 1917, the Virgin Mary speaks for the first time in Fatima of the devotion to her Immaculate Heart, saying, “They have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners will end.”
To save them, the Lord wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart.
If you do as I tell you, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. You, at least try to console me and advertise on my behalf."
On December 10, 1925, the Virgin appears to Lucia explaining to her how devotion to her Immaculate Heart should be practiced. These words are, therefore, from the apparition report made to Lucia herself:
On 10-12-1925 the Blessed Virgin appeared and, by her side, suspended in a luminous cloud, a child. The Blessed Virgin, putting her hand on my shoulder, showed me also a heart crowned with thorns that she had in her other hand. At the same time the Child says:
"Have pity on the Immaculate Heart of your Most Holy Mother, which is covered with thorns than ungrateful men who at all times go through it, without anyone doing an act of repair to snatch it away."
Then the Blessed Virgin said:
"Look, my daughter, my heart crowned with thorns that ungrateful men at every moment throw at me, with blasphemy and ungratefulness."
You, at least, seek to comfort me, and say that all those who for five months, on the first Saturday, confess receiving after the holy Communion, pray a rosary, and I make 15 minutes of company meditating on the 15 mysteries of the rosary, intending to give me relief, I promise assist them at the hour of death with all thanks necessary for the salvation of these souls.
How to do the devotion of the first five Saturdays of the month?
1) Confess, within the previous eight days, with the intention to modify the offenses to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. If during the confession this intention is forgotten, it can be expressed in the next confession;
2) Receive Communion, by the grace of God, with the same intention of the Confession;
3) Communion should be received on the first Saturday of the month;
4) Confession and Communion must be repeated for five consecutive months, without interruption, otherwise it must begin anew;
5) Recite the Rosary, at least the third part, with the same intention of the confession;
6) Keep the Virgin company for fifteen minutes, meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary. This may be meditating on a passage of scripture or the mysteries of the Holy Rosary. Sister Lucia de Fátima who used to meditate on a mystery of the rosary for 15 minutes at the end of her prayer. This meditation is in addition to the daily prayer of the Holy Rosary.
7) We conclude with the prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for every first Saturday of the month.
Why five Saturdays
A confessor to Lucia asked her why number five. She asked Jesus, who answered, “It is about repairing the five offenses directed at the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
• The blasphemy against her Immaculate Conception.
• Against her virginity.
• Against her divine motherhood and the refusal to recognize her as the Mother of men.
• The work of those who publicly instill in the hearts of children indifference, contempt and even hatred against this Immaculate Mother.
• The work of those who offend her directly in their sacred images. (May 29, 1930)
Sister Lucia explains what you can do if the confession cannot take place on the first Saturday of the month. She herself presented to Jesus the difficulty some souls had to confess on the Sabbath, and asks for the eight-day confession to be valid. Jesus answered, “Yes, they can also be longer, because when they receive me, they are in grace and intend to repair the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”
She asked, “My Jesus, and those who forget to do that intention?”. "
Jesus answered, “You can build her up in the next confession, taking advantage of the first opportunity she will have to confess.” (15 February 1926)
Gracia and Misericordia
During a Revelation from our Lord to Lucy of Fatima, on May 29, 1930, He explained to her what should be done if all conditions of devotion, such as receiving Communion, could not be held on the first Saturday.
The Lord gave the answer to Sor Lucia during the night between 29 and 30 May 1930:
The practice of this devotion will be equally acceptable during the Sunday following the First Saturday, when My priests, for a just cause, allow people. ”
For this not only the Communion, but also the recitation of the Rosary and the meditation of the mysteries can be transferred to Sunday, for just reasons, that the priests judge.
Spiritual Attitude Towards Devotion
For the souls who cultivate this devotion the Virgin Mary says: “I promise to assist you, at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for the salvation of these souls. However, the principal reason for this devotion must be the desire to console the Immaculate Heart of Mary through reparation and growth in personal holiness. To emphasize this, the Lord says to Lucia:
"It is true my daughter, that many souls will begin, but few will finish; and those who finish with in order to receive the graces promised, and I like more those who do 5 with fervor and for the purpose of comforting the Heart of their Mother from heaven, not those who made 15, lukewarm and indifference. "(February 15, 1926)