The Catholic Defender: Promises to those who honor the Face of Jesus
August 12, 2019
O God, restore us;
light up your face and we shall be saved. Psalms 80:4
LORD, you showed me favor,
established for me mountains of virtue. But when you hid your face I was struck with terror.
Based from the revelations Sister Mary of Saint Peter (a French Carmelite nun 1840's) received from Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords eight promises. The following are the promises Our Lord grants to those honoring his image.
1. All those who honor My Face in a spirit of reparation will by so doing perform the office of the pious Veronica. According to the care they take in making reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemers, so will I take care of their souls which have been disfigured by sin. My Face is the seal of the Divinity, which has the virtue of reproducing in souls the image of God.
2. Those who by words, prayers or writing defend My cause in this Work of Reparation I will defend before My Father, and will give them My Kingdom.
3. By offering My Face to My Eternal Father, nothing will be refused, and the conversion of many sinners will be obtained.
4. By My Holy Face, they will work wonders, appease the anger of God, and draw down mercy on sinners.
5. As in a kingdom they can procure all that is desired with a coin stamped with the King's effigy, so in the Kingdom of Heaven they will obtain all they desire with the precious coin of My Holy Face.
6.Those who on earth contemplate the wounds of My Face shall in Heaven behold it radiant with glory.
7.They will receive in their souls a bright and constant irradiation of My Divinity, that by their likeness to My Face they shall shine with particular splendor in Heaven.
8. I will defend them, I will preserve them and I assure them of Final Perseverance.
John Carpenter's book "He Is Alive, Science Finds Jesus" front cover is a combination of the Veil of Veronica that she used to wipe the Face of Jesus during His Passion leaving His image and the Face of Jesus in the burial Shroud. Notice when both images are combined it opens the eyes of the Shroud.
Uniquely tied with this devotion, Jesus gave to Sister Mary of St. Peter in August 1843, the prayer known as the "Golden Arrow." This prayer I have personally prayed at most every Communion since 1983-84 till present:
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
Sister Mary wrote of the Golden Arrow as “an Act of Praise that our Lord Himself dictated to me, notwithstanding my unworthiness, for the reparation of Blasphemy [insulting or disrespectful thoughts or behavior] against His Holy Name.”
Jesus requested that the Golden Arrow along with the honoring of His Holy Face to be acts of reparation against blasphemy and profanation not respecting Sunday,the Lord's Day and Holy Days.
Jesus communicated to Sister Mary the degree blasphemy offends Him stating that Blasphemy is“more grievously than all other sins,’’as she put it, by having her visualize it as“a poisoned arrow continually wounding His divine Heart.”
Of the Golden Arrow, Jesus states this prayer has the power to wound His heart "delightfully". From the Cross Jesus cried, "I Thirst", indicating His desire to save souls. The Golden Arrow is a means Our Lord gives that we can provide Our Lord comfort for the various arrows He suffers due to the ingratitude of sinners and sin.